Saturday, September 01, 2007

Back from holiday to a bad beat

Just back from another week in the tent - and no rain this time! Much nicer.

Played the 10:00 $27 tourny on ladbrokes which has a generously slow structure. I got no cards at all for the first hour, but only lost a small percentage of my stack as the play was quite gentle, and the couple of moves I did make came off. I tend to play these conservatively early, and if I don't hit any hands I can play very tightly. I probably need to be looking for opportunities more, but that means paying closer attention to my opponents and in the first hour I can rarely be bothered.

Anyway I've folded my SB a couple of times, and raised once by the time its folded round to me for the fourth time after about an hour and a half. I'm playing about 2k chips, the BB has me covered and blinds 100/200. I've got Q6 and call. He checks. I CRAI on a QJx board which he calls with J9. Alas he hits runner-runner for the straight.

The big reason why a large stack in a tourny is so valuable is that you can afford to keep taking these chances and your stack will edge up as you win 2/3 of the 66/33 shots. If you are all-in when they crop up then one-card and *busto* which happened to me and made for a pretty dull night.

I've just realised that of the 5 blogs linked to here, 3 are dead, 1 was dead and has been resurrected and only 1 is being updated regularly.

I should update them ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home