Tuesday, July 31, 2007

They're not pushing with air ...They're not pushing with air ... They're not pushing with air ... They're not pushing with air ...

D'oh.

Last two tournies I've played reasonably in, until the last hand.

Tonights I played really well. Until the last hand.

120 runners. 27 left. I'm just moved table into the big blind. I seem to be getting into loads of trouble in the big blind these days and should really stop. Anyway I'm playing ~6000 (good for about 15th at the time). Blinds 150/300. UTG+1 limps, folded round to me.

I like to charge limpers on my BB, and this fellow I'd seen before and hadn't been too impressed with his play. So I raise to 1000, he thinks for a while and flat calls. Flop 89K. I've got bottom pair and bet 1300 into a pot of 2250. He thinks for a while, and calls. Turn a 2. We've both got about 4000 left, with about 4000 in the pot. I can push here if I think I can get him off a weak-ish Q/K, but I didn't, I checked. He pushed. Sometimes I can call this, if I think my opponent is capable of putting it all on the line here with either air (I sometimes flat-call obvious continuation bets and then bluff the turn) or a draw, but this fellow wasn't good enough for that. I should fold, but somehow called. He had K7. Poor really. And disappointing as I'd been playing well and really enjoying it. I put him exactly as the kind of player who would limp with that sort of hands from EP, and possibly fold to a raise. He would have definitely have folded if the flop hadn't hit him so I did it all right till the call at the end.

Last night I got into trouble trying to steal the blinds from the cut-off with T9s and not believing the big-blinds re-raise. I called and called a flop bet on a 988 flop. I think we both checked the turn and he pushed the river (although he could have pushed the turn). Either way again I make a poor call and he has KK.

I'm outplaying so many of these players by being aggressive I don't need to take risks calling big bets with marginal holdings. If I push/steal and get caught so be it.They are playing ABC poker and I need to remember this. Big bets on the river are so rarely bluffs, I've got to have a specific read before I can call.

*Shakes head*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home