Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A move I very rarely make is ...

to push with a weak hand from the blinds when the blinds are large and there are a number of limpers in the pot.

I did today and ... BUSTO!

I'd continued my spell of reasoanbly weak cards - apart from a turned set of nines early on (which I missed a value bet on the river, trying to induce a bluff from a missed flush), but with blinds at 50/100 I picked up

KK UTG+1 (raised 3x picked up blinds - I hadn't played a hand in ages so I should certainly get respect here)
xx UTG (folded)
AJ BB (called shorties push and lost to his AQ
xx SB (folded)
KK Button (raised to 400 pre-flop (2-limpers, i could have raised more or even pushed here) and folded to an open-push on a Axx flop.
AKs CO (pushed over a limper and he called with AJ - I double up)

So after the best run of starting hands I've had in a while I move from about 1800 to 2200. Fantastic.

Anyway an orbit or two later, I'm playing about 2100, and in the SB (which is 75) and there are 4 limpers to me. I'm holding junk 78o, but I try TheMove and push - the BB, and the first 3 limpers fold, but the button calls with TT. I flop a 7, but no more help.

My bankroll is ~$2.5k now, down from about $3.2k. If it drops below about $2k I may have to consider moving back down the levels, which would be a shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home