Sunday, August 19, 2007

2 Tournies in 1 night ...

which always means I busted out of the first quite early.

I didn't play the 10:00 $55 Crypto tonight, as the play has been quite strong there, so I played in the $25 on Ladbrokes. Its a slower structure, and I didn't need to get up early so it seemed like a good idea.

I didn't last long though. Blinds 25/50 I was dealt 73o in the BB. an EP player min-raised and there were 3 other callers, so I stuck in the 50 getting 9:1. The flop was a dream Q73 (2 hearts). I check. EP bets 150 everyone flat calls round to me. Now I put EP on AA/KK/QQ/JJ/AK/AQ/KQ, and going by his play so far he's not laying down the Jacks. If he's got QQ so bad. So I push, and he calls with KQ, and turns a Q. Thank you for playing.

So I then hit the 10:30 $22 back on Crypto where the play is similarly terrible. 83 runners. All my old tricks of raising with any-two and continuation betting most flops worked a treat, and I was pretty sure if anyone played back at me they had a hand.

I had a stroke of luck when my QQ beat an opponents AA, but other than that I played pretty well. Some nice re-steals from one particularly weak player (once with JJ, twice with air) and some decent post-flop play, but with the tight play few people busted and the blinds raced up. I did pretty well on the bubble (which took ages - we were at 12 for *so* long) and built much of my stack at this point, and also OK on the FT, push-botting OK and getting my chips in in decent shape when I called. Only the top 2 positions were very lucrative (600/400/240/200/160 ...) so typically I came in third. I made a rash (ish) push from the SB with 92o (he'd been pretty weak up until this point, and the blinds were pretty big and ran into the worst possible hand - 99.

Still a bit more to add to the bankroll (~$3250 now).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home