Saturday, August 11, 2007

Better, much better

The wife turned in early tonight so I had a crack at the 9.30 £22 tourny, with a £6k guarantee.

I played much, much better than last night in an admittedly weaker field. I'd had a selection of hands, although nothing too dramatic and was managing to avoid trouble, keeping ahead of the rising blinds quite well.

Just after the second break though (about 70 left from a starting 300) I lost about 85% of my chips though in another silly attempt to defend my blinds. There was one raiser in front of me and I pushed, but I didn't think it through really as

1) He was raising from MP, not too late so had to have some sort of hand
2) I 'only' had A7s, which is probably going to leave me dominated if called.
3) He'd played reasonably tight till this point.

The stack sizes (6.3k for him, 6.9k for me; blinds 150/300/25a) were approaching a reasonable restealing point.

Anyway he had Jacks, which held up.

I thrashed around after this trying to get back into the game, and managed to triple up to 2.5k, and called a push from shorty in the BB when I was holding K8s. I thought he was pushing any two being so short (he should be) and actually he was (K2s - although he flopped a flush draw and rivered a 2). Another treble up followed (from a *very* low base) but I couldn't get back in the game.

Still a lot better than recently. The field was weaker and my play better. Shame I'm not going to be able to play in the tourny at all regularly (too early).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home