Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The dry spell continues

I've been busting out of tournaments for a couple of weeks no with no real cashes, and very few hands to be honest.

Last night I at least managed to get reasonably deep (31st out of 110) and enjoyed the game more than for a while. I've kept running into aces, and all my recent bluff attempts have been failing, but last night I wasn't called when I bluffed (for a bit) and I was able to keep out of the way of big hands having made a couple of decent lay-downs.

I still never had a large stack - in fact I can't remember when I last reached 2x my buy-in - but I did OK considering. I made a foolish bluff into a dangerous board on the penultimate hand, and got it all-in the next hand with my 33 running into KQs. There were several limers so my stack would have gone up at least 2.5 times if they had held up but he flopped a King, and me a flush draw. As I'm running badly at the moment it missed.

Que sera etc etc.

Quiet times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home