Monday, July 16, 2007

2 more (small) cashes

Tonight, and yesterday I played the 10:00 $55 on Crypto. Each time there were just over 100 runners, with the top 20 paying, positions 20-11 getting about $51/$52 back, so making a small loss.

Last night I came in 10th, winning, ~$100, tonight 15th, "winning" $52.

Last nights game is most memorable for the last hand. I was getting very short-stacked (an M of 3 or 4) and on a 5-handed table was dealt 67s UTG. The other table had 6 players remaining - so one more and I was on the final table. I certainly didn't want to post my blind without getting my chips in the middle. While I was thinking about it a player was knocked out on the other table, and so I pushed. This had the effect I think of loosening the other players up so reducing my FE. Anyway the SB had AK, so nothing was going to happen differently, but I wasn't sure.

Tonight I played really well to make the money at all. I made most of my chips holding JJ and flopping J44. I induced a couple of bluffs off my opponent by slow-playing them.

After that though I had very few decent hands at all. When the blinds were 150/300 a player who limped a lot, limped from UTG+2 and it was folded round to me on the button holding T4o. I raised it to 1200, and he called. The flop was jack-high, rainbow. He checked and I bet 2200 into the 3000 pot. He thought about it for a bit typed 'AA/KK/QQ/AK' in the chat and folded. I auto-hide my hands, but would I have been correct to show there? I doubt it. I said (lied) 'Yes, one of those' but was pleased with my read on him as weak.

I also restole nicely from a shorty on an obvious steal when I pushed 56o from the SB, but other than that didn't have too many opportunities.

The last two hands were me with about 7500 chips, UTG with the blinds at 600/300+antes so about 1500 in the pot. I'm dealt KJ. I don't want to post next hand, so I push and am called my shorty (3000 or so) with 66. I flop a pair, but he turns a set. Next hand I'm dealt T8o in the SB. UTG raises to 1800, and I'm getting very short. Folded round to me, I flat-call and then push the A-high flop. He thinks for a while before calling with QQ.

Still I'm continuing to do well, and I'm getting increasingly confident in my ability to outplay most of the players at this level. There are about 5 names who consistently appear at the business end of these tournies, but they don't seem brilliant (although they are definitely good). I've think I've seen better players in the $20/180s on Stars though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home