Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Satellites (and Party Poker)

I've always hated Party Poker.

A couple of years ago I signed up through one online ad that offered me some huge signing up bonus. (It was something like $150). It was the largest I found by some distance, so I checked with the support that it was genuine - it was - and so I signed up. I got a $25 bonus, and no amount of emailing (well about 3 emails TBH) would get them to budge.

My opinion hadn't improved since then. The software is truly awful. The lobby menu is awful. There's a window on my desktop that is too large, and doesn't display properly. The slide bar didn't work in round numbers (it appears to now), the number of starting chips in the SnGs was too low, etc etc.

They have tried to recruit me though. Three times they've sent me an email saying there is $20 in my account for me to play with. I've tried three times to parlay it up to a couple of hundred, but its never worked. Today I got an extra $30, and signed up for a Steps3 SnG. And then Party Poker crashed. Just as it was trying to open the tournament table. OK. Kill the process and start again. No good. Try again. No good. Whenever it tries to open the table it hangs my computer. Reboot the computer. No good. Reboot the computer and the modem. Still no good. It still locks the computer.

I now email their support telling them how useless their software is (I doubt they'll reply), uninstall the software, re-install it and I get a pop-up saying 'Missing file, please re-install'. Despite that it seems to work though! Impressively 3 people have busted out, and I'm down from 2k chips to about 1400. I manage to treble up, but bust soon, and get a ticket to a level 2 tourny, that I promptly make back into a level 3. I'll try again tomorrow.

On a separate note I've been thinking about entering the £40k guaranteed on Sunday (£120 buy-in). Despite my huge bankroll I'm still a bit reluctant (or too tight) to pony up the dough for this, so I've played in 2 satellites to it, finishing 3rd (for about £30) and second (for £62), a total profit of around £60. Which is half the buy-in. I'm still in two minds as to whether I will buy in though. Pathetic really. Anyone else would just go for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home