Saturday, October 13, 2007

Tilt ... tilt

I've always considered I've been quit good at avoiding tilt. I can take a bad beat in a tournament, and carry on playing, usually as well as I had before. As long as I'm still in the game I'm OK.

I have though (as my game has improved) discovered that if I bust out of one tournament with a bad beat (or two) I can play sub-optimally on the subsequent one. Its very hard to describe my mood, but I rarely pay that much attention, and am too loose really.

Last night having busted out of the $55 10:00 tourny I took a little break and came back to the computer aware I still wasn't quite right, so didn't want to play in the $25 11pm tourny. I did want to play poker though and having discounted the option of playing in a play-money tournament opened up my Stars account to discover I had $1.40 left. Just starting was a $1.10 satellite to the Sunday $11 tourny which I entered. I had no intention of playing in the $11 tourny, but I'd have unregistered and taken the T11 (or whatever they call in - tournament dollars).

It was strangely liberating playing in the game. There were about 45 players playing for 4 seats. I kept wondering who else would play in such an event, and who couldn't raise up the $11 for the seat in the 'big one'. Maybe its other people like me just playing purely for fun.

Anyway I was dealt no cards, and you can't bluff these players so I left in about 22nd place. I still played pretty badly though, but at least I only lost $1. I may put $100 or so in the Start account just to play in these silly little SnGs when I'm feeling peed off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home