Friday, June 22, 2007

Lunacy on the bubble

I normally play the bubble aggressively - but not stupidly.
Last night, I practised being a maniac and, dear reader, I was that bubble boy. 21st out of 130 in the 10:30 $22. I was quite short-stacked after taking quite a hit with my chips, but so too were all the stacks on my left, so I pushed twice in a row with decent hands (AQ and TT IIRC) and it was folded around to me holding 9To. I'd read a couple of the people I had to get through as very tight, and the other couple had a stack size very similar to mine. I normally fold some decent hands if I've raised the previous 2 hands, but this time I continued pushing, and got looked up by the SB holding 99.

I again played pretty well though, so I'm not too displeased, even if the last push was a bit optimistic. I've recently won this tournament twice, and been the bubble boy twice. Probably in the last 15 times I've entered. I'm quite happy with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home