Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Victory!

I played in the 9.30 £22 Crypto tourny tonight. 79 entrants, top prize of £474, which I took down!

My feeling before having read through the hand history was that I played pretty well. I was card dead at the beginning, and just folded all my hands, stole well in the middle and then played very well at the end, combining good people reading with some good cards.

I'll watch the HH now and comment on anything that leaps out at me:

Level 1(10/20)
2nd hand I folded ATo from the HJ following an UTG min-raiser and 1 call. Surprisingly tight, especially seeing that UTG had 78s

My first BB I folded ATs to an 8x raised. He had KJo(!)
,
Level 2(15/30)
I'm UTG+2 and UTG and UTG+1 both limp. I call with AQo. An obvious raising opportunity, but I'm looking really to outplay some of these early muppets post flop. I check/fold on a J-high flop.

Level 3 (25/50 I've got 1350)
I steal once in a SB/BB but fold everything else

Level 4(50/100 I've got 1275)
I see a free flop with 76o 3-way and check a flop of 6s7h2s. The turn is a Ks completing the flush draw. the SB bets 200 into the 300 pot. I push and take it down. 1625.

Level 5(75/150 - 1625)
In the BB I've got K7o and the SB completes. We both check the 554 flop and he bets 150 onto the 8 turn. I call planning to bluff the river, but my 6 hits on the river giving me the straight. He bets 150, I raise to 750 and he folds. 2075. Still short stacked.

I'm moved table to UTG+2, and UTG min-raises and I've got AT. I fold correctly this time as he has AJ.

Next hand I raise to 450 with AdJh. UTG+1 calls. The flop is 5d8d9d. I push my draws (nut-flush, 2 overs and very unlikely runner-runner-straight) and he calls with a set of 8s. Fortunately I river a diamond to get to 4525. Once he calls the raise pre thats always going one way. I've got some chips at last.

Level 6 (100/200)
Shortly after I piss some away though. I've got KJ on the button and raise to 600. The BB who is playing 2145 min-raises back to 1200. I call. His min-raise looks so strong, but I just hate folding to them. The flop is AK2. Check-check. I think he's got an Ace. the turn is a T, and he bets 400 of his 945 chips into the 2.5k pot. I can't get away from it here - there is the odd nutter who with min-betting 88 here, and although I'm behind I put him in and he turns over AA. My hope has to be as well as the gutshot, my K or J are live, but they are not. I can't see how I can get away from this at any stage. Grim. 2155.

Holding 69o in the BB I push over the SBs min-raise and he folds. 2455.

Level 7 (150/300)
I steal a couple of blinds with valid hands. (open-pushing), then push into the BB from the SB with K4 which he lays down having typed 'this time'. Next hand I get JJ in the button, push over the CO's min-raise and they all fold. 4205.

Level 8 (150/300/25a)
On the button I fold AJs to a mid-position 3x raise. My stack is 3655 at this point. The flop was AJx, but he claimed to be claimed to be holding AJ too. I'm pleased with the fold here, which was a feature of my play tonight - targetting my re-raises well.

There was one player limp/folding all the time and he limped when I was in the CO with KJs, so I (loosely) pushed. 4555.

I then take a hit when the SB pushes into my TT with AT, and he rivers a straight. Down to 1845, which then goes to 1670 as I fold my SB. Struggling for air.

I push A9 over 1 limper from the button. 2500.

Level 9 (400/200/50)
I fold my blinds (down to 1645) push Q9 on the button, then fold KQo from the CO to an EP min-raiser. If he calls my push I'm behind and I haven't got enough chips to worry him.

I double up when my KJ beats AQ. 5690. Actually the caller was the button and there is nearly 1k in dead money in the middle, so its not far off an +EV move anyway.

At this stage I think I've about 11th of 16.
I push twice, then fold KTs in the BB to UTG's push. Its 2600 for a pot of 4600. It looks like a clear call in the light of day but its a tight table and I think I'm better off stealing more here, rather than calling light.

Level 10 (300/600/75 6860)
First hand on the FT I've got QQ, push and take it down. 8415. There are two big stacks to my left (30k and 23k). I'm in 8th. Another push with AK takes the pot.

Again I fold KTs in the SB to a raise. This was something of a feature tonight.

Level 11 (400/800/100)
I do call from the BB though with QJ when the CO pushes to 1900. He has an rag-ace, but I won. 10.5k Some nice aggression takes me up to 14k, then I limp-push in the SB with KK. The BB is aggressive (and not very good) and I knew he'd defend, but thought he might call my re-raise. Maybe I should have seen a flop and played it very slow. 16.6k. 4th out of 7. Its close though, and a weak table.

I've then got 88 in the BB, and UTG+1 raises 3x. My play is to check-call his continuation bet on a board without an Ace (and hopefully a K) but the Q83r makes it easy to call his push! 33k. Chip leader. 6 left.

Next hand I've got Aj in the SB. and there's a raise from UTG+1 to 3200. I flat call (pobably should have pushed) and check-fold a KQ8 board.

Level 12 (600/1200/150)
25k. 5 left. 2nd place. I steal up to 32k then raise to 3600 on the Button with KJ. SB calls (he of the KK hand) and the flop is K84. I read the situation perfectly here. He's defending with the Kings that have me beat, laying down K8 pre and checking a set. I call his continuation bet of 6k, we both theck the turn, and I bet 1/3 of the pot on the river, certain I'm ahead. He calls with 77. 50k. Chip leader again (50k/28k/17k/10k/10k). I knock one more out when my AA>Q4s, and I'm thinking about winning (72k/17k/15/13k).

One more busts (the fellow from the KK and KJ hands, who had been one of the big stacks early). I'm not impressed with either player remaining. I knock out one more when AQ>A7.

2 left 96k v 21k. We play cagily for the first 16 or so hands or so staying largely in the same positions. I don't want to double him up, and so I'm prepared to wait for a decent hand to defend his ocassional raises. He can't afford to raise/fold more than once (if that) and so when I get dealt AKo it all goes in. He's got QJ and rivers a Q. 75kv42.

I attack for a couple more hands, until he tries a steal pre - I push with A7s, and he calls with QJs. I flop and Ace and its all over.


I really enjoyed this tourny - getting lucky when I needed to but keeping out of trouble well with some solid pre-flop folds, good reads, and good patience when I was short stacked.

Its good to be heading to Vegas with that behind me!

My bankroll is now a much healthier $3379.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home