Monday, November 12, 2007

Stop playing like a donkey!

A couple of bad nights playing poker.

Last night I hit a couple of hands early, and doubled my starting chip stack, but got into all sorts of trouble playing weak aces. I rarely do this by virtue of not playing them, but last night it all went wrong and I played like a beginner.

Tonight, I had AK and QQ early, and won a small number of chips, but then lost when I raised the table captain who 3-bet me all-in. I actually think he had a hand, but that lost me a good stack of my chips.

Then I'm dealt 88 from EP (I've got about 1500, blinds 100/50). Captain is on my left, and I think he's going to push with any two as:
1) He got sucked out on on the last hand and he had shown evidence of tilt earlier
2) He was now short stacked
3) He couldn't rate me as a strong player after the 3-bet earlier

So I flat call. Table captain calls and another player pushes his 2400 or so. Its a big over-bet, but I'm at best flipping. He's probably got 99-JJ, with AK/AQs maybe. Anyway as my initial plan was to call the captain light I called this fellow without really thinking about it, and he had TT.

Really bad stuff. I'm going to have to buck my ideas up at these tables.

Speaking of which the table today was full of proper players, much to my surprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home