Monday, November 05, 2007

First cash in a $100 tourny!

112 runners. Third for $1437.50

Not bad at all. I've been playing badly recently, but had my poker boots on tonight.

I stayed out of trouble early, not paying too much attention, hit some hands and made some nice moves. I made one excellent laydown with JJ pre-flop against QQ and AQ, although the turned J made me a bit sick.

I played small-ball most of the time, although re-stole off this one guy quite heavily. I was sucked-out on twice, sucked out only once, and played pretty well. I was quite comfortable at the FT, and (typically) moved from about 8th to 1st in a very gradual manner, picking my spots pretty well.

Three handed is definitely a weakness of mine, and having folded the first 4/5 hands I found 44 in the SB, to push into the BBs AA. This left me with a tiny stack - and the tourny promptly went into a break. I struggled on for a bit, but busted shortly after.

More encouraging stuff tonight, and a boost to my bankroll. On the evidence of tonight I'd expect myself to be profitable at these tables!

My bankroll took a hit in recent weeks, but now stands at $5313.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home