Thursday, November 15, 2007

2 Interesting tournaments

The first was evidence of the ThereAreRubbishPlayersAtHigherLimits effect. Early in the Pokerroom $109 tourny. Most people have their starting stack. I raise from EP with KK and there is a caller. The BB shoves all his chips in, which is a massive overbet. I call and he turns over AKs. Of course he turns an Ace.

The second tourny was the Crypto $55 and 9:30, and I did two things I rarely do.

1) I've been planning to play TableCaptain for a while, and did so early when I hit a few cards. So I know I've got a laggy image and am liable to get played back at. This duly happened. I raise from EP with AQ, and get 2 callers. One of whom check-raises my flop bet (junk flop). Now normally its me attacking and folding to the 3-bet, but I pushed here, and he folded. Cool.

2) Manipulating my bet sizes more effective. With As9s, on a Jxx board with 2 spades, I make a small bet, the intention being that if I was raised the stacks would be right for me to shove with some FE. I was raised, and it all worked out well.

I nearly doubled my starting stack without showing down a hand once, and people were staying out of my way, because they thought they'd have to be playing for all their chips.

Anyway, I ran out of cards, tightened up and then completeley misplayed TT to go out, but it was fun. I'm going to have to consider playing the opening rounds more aggresively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home