Thursday, June 21, 2007

Good run continues

This is getting daft.

For a while I've been playing in the Crypto $20, GTD2000 at 10:30. The fields are usually quite small ~110-130 and I've done alright but never cashed, my best being the bubble position - 21st. I've now won it twice in the last fortnight.

Its an extraordinary run I'm on now. I've cashed 5 times in the last 6 weeks - and every one has been a victory (ker-ching!). I can't remember too much about the first one now, but the victory a couple of days ago stays fresh in my mind.

I started off luckily, with QQ besting AA. After that I played quite well, attacking a number of weak players, and my raises getting a surprising amount of respect from the rest of the table.

I laid down one big hand. A short stack from UTG pushed his chips in and the button called. I'm in the BB and have to call with the pot odds with 78o. Flop 782, rainbow. I check-raise him for a bit less than the pot, and he insta-pushes. I don't normally let this go, but the passive way he had played this pre-flop led me to think he had a set (222 being post likely). I folded, and he showed A8. Do'h.

On the final table I also laid down a full-house. I had 44, and saw a flop of JT4 in a multi-way. I'd been making quite large bets post-flop, so put out a small one which was called by the BB only.

The turn was a T so I put another small bet out (this was my mistake) which again he flat called, and the river was the worst card in the deck - a Jack. He pushed and I laid it down. Horrible really.

Heads up was fun. I had about a 2:1 chip lead at the start and my opponent started terribly. I raised by SB 4 times in a row and he folded each time - whilst folding his SB too! Soon I had a 10:1 chip lead and was dealt AKo. I pushed (natch) and he doubled up with 55. He came back well from that though, and had the chip lead at one stage, but I managed to see it out. Immensely enjoyable (I won about $750). I've now got a bankroll of >$2k. I really feel like playing the Sunday warm-up one day soon. I've got the cash to give it a couple of shots and see what the opposition is like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home