Friday, May 18, 2007

Lucky satellite win

Tonight I played the 10.15 satellite to tomorrow's 9.30 £6k tourny on Crypto and the 10.30 $20 tourny. The $20 tourny was something of a non-event, eventually busting when my AK ran into AA. I played the final hand really badly though. I had about 1500, with the blinds at 75/150. I raised to 450 UTG, and it was folded around to the SB (playing ~3k) who called.

Flop QJx rainbow.

Now he checked.

Any bet here and I'm folding. What is he calling with thats missed this flop. AA-JJ are clearly calling, as are AQ/AJ. The only possible hands I'd like him to have are A10 and a pair less jacks.

I pushed, hoping I had 10 outs, but of course if he calls I won't have. He calls and turns over a slow-played AA. I keep walking into slow-played monsters. I so rarely use position to take a free card, and I should much more often (I think).


Ironically I won a seat in the satellite by walking into slow-played monsters - and sucking out. Wahey!

First interesting hand (the sizes of the bets might be slightly out - I can't find the exact hand history).
When playing about 4/5k I picked up Ac2c in the BB. 1 call from MP, and I check. Flop 8h6h2d. I'm probably ahead, so I bet about 2/3, he calls. Turn Ad. There are now two flush draws on the board, so I over-bet the pot by pushing for about 1.4x the pot. He insta-calls with AK and I bust him.

Second (more) interesting hand
Top 4 win £20 seats;
5th, about £5;
6 remaining.

The stack sizes from memory were:

1 : 3k
2 : 4k
3 : 4k
4 : 12k
5 : 10k
Me: 8.8k

Button in seat 4. Folded around to the SB who completes. There's about 1k in the pot, and I've been folding for some time, only picking the blinds up once in the last 4 rounds or so.

I'm dealt 89o and push, figuring the SB can only call with AA/KK. The table has been incredibly tight, and I've got enough chips to cripple him if he calls and loses.

He calls, turns over KK, but a mirable flop of TJQ (with no A or 9 on the turn or river) and I've got a monster chip stack. Another slow-played monster against me. I wonder if everyone has the same comments in their player notes for me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home