Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Karma

Poker can be startlingly dull.

I cashed out most of my winnings after doing well in the £25, and as usually happens this results in me going card-dead for a while. It happens - and I'm not experiencing anything out of the ordinary here - but it leaves me bored whilst playing, and itching for a decent poker session.

Recently I've been logging into a tourny, folding the first umpteen hands ("patience ... patience") only to get short-stacked and pushing with the first semi-decent hand to end up walking into a monster. *sigh*.

There's no other way at the small stake tables. No-one really pays attention (to be fair I don't really at the low-er buyins), and you can't really bluff because so many people will call with anything. So you have to wait for the cards. And if you don't get them you are scuppered - because noone notices your tight play so your table image is of no consequence.

Still, what goes around, comes around and I'm sure things will pick up soon. I'm so bothered about the money, I'd just like some action.

On a separate note there is a poker tournament at my local pub on a Tuesday. Its all play money, but it might be fun as practise for real B&M action. Being alone in my study doesn't encourage one to develop a poker face. Plus, like heroin, the first one is free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home