Friday, October 10, 2008

LOL donkaments

I'm having great fun at the lower levels. I'm playing the slightly smaller - but much longer $11 45-man SnGs, still on Stars. 2 tabling. I'm not really able to concentrate on more than 1 table at a time though - but on that table I'm getting more disciplined at taking notes, and spotting leaks. The problem is the leaks are huge and hard to miss - I'll need to up my game when it comes to higher stakes (again).

Last night I had the first time in ages when I sucked out a few times. I'd been a bit unlucky making good calls with A-high against short-stacked pushes and lost a couple of 60/40s, but then I proceeded to suck out a few times - including a glorious runner-runner straight against top-set. Ho ho. I did play well otherwise though.

I'm currently thinking a lot more about post-flop play, in particular making thin-value bets on the river. I missed one last night, which was annoying, but I've done well generally.

Anyway I'm now above water on Stars (finally!) and have got my poker hat back on (again, finally), and have a very good feel for these limits -which I should have really. So in Stars, I've got ~$630. I need to work to get my BR above $3k (I'm not certain what it is now ~$2.5k??).

Anyway, I'm off to Luton tonight. It'll be interesting to see how many entrants that attracts in these times of economic hardship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home