Tuesday, April 22, 2008

And now I've won the £1.5k

2 victories in 3 nights! And another £450 to take my bankroll to a much more respectable $4200.

I played pretty well in this one again, I'm on my game at the moment.

I played a hand perfectly early on against an opponent who was on a FD against my top pair, betting the flop and turn and checking the river to induce a bluff, and I didn't make any huge errors all tourny really. I played the end really nicely, in particular a call of a fellow's check-raise AI with second pair on a 742 board. I had Q4 he had A2, and then calling the same fellows push with AT (overcards to a rag board - he had Q-high).

I had a couple of moment of luck, but no really big hands. Most fortunate was the last hand where my KQ rivered my opponents AK. I've thought quite hard about whether I played this right - he raised pre and I re-raised, as I had done on more than 1 occasion. He pushed and I called. It may be bad.

I think I'm getting a little impatient heads-up. They rarely last long at the moment when I reach them, but other than that my deep stack play is still solid and my shorter stack play is good when I concentrate. I picked some lovely spots to resteal, and just once or twice I was very creative (with position I min-bet the flop (with air) to invite a raise which I then came over the top of).

Really pleased.

Having stayed up till the early hours so much though I'm shattered and need a night off. Just when things are going so well ...

Oh, and I saw again one of Crypto's finest - UltGamb. He's always on top of the MTT leaderboards, although I understand he does this through playing volume as much as having a huge ROI. He was clearly a good player, but not as stella as I was expecting. Having said that I wasn't at the same table as him for very long so I'll keep my eyes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home