Sunday, September 28, 2008

Down and up at the micros

Since my last post my poor run continued for a while and I moved down stakes. I'm certainly playing worse now than I have, not least because I'm out of practise. Additionally the fields have shrunk so low on the Crypto 10pm tourny that they are not really worth entering.

So, I deposited $600 on Stars, and had a crack at the $12 45 man SnGs. These are turbos, and it took me a while to adjust to the speed of them, so lost a bit. They I got unlucky a bit - and lost a bit more, and then started playing badly - and lost some more. Eventually I got my game head back on and am now back up to even. Tonight helped - I played two tournies simultaneously, and came in 1st and 4th. Which helped. I've had 1 other win, and a minor cash in that time.

Its quite fun, swimming in such shallow pools. The play can be shocking, but the games are so fast that you don't get much edge, and if you don't have any cards you are toast anyway.

I've also been setting up a private tourny for a bunch of guys on a bulletin board I frequent. Here the format is much slower - and so you end up playing deep-stacked short handed poker. Which is quite strange. There's 1 guy there who seems pretty good - but OPR doesn't show any real record for him on Stars, so he's no regular.

I'm also trying to negotiate a trip to Luton next month. Possibly in 3 weeks time. Depending upon the availability of a wing-man.

Anyway, the interesting thing is I'm now not playing on the XBOX, and am playing poker regularly - although it is clowning around at the small stakes. If I move up on Stars I'm gonna have to invest in PokerTrackerv2 or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home