Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A comment!

Ooh, a comment! And therefore a reader!! Who would have thought it. Anyway, to celebrate this momentous event I thought I'd respond here to some of the points raised:

I recommend that you not be so analytical and statistic based in your play, once I saw how you were betting, it was pretty easy to see how you were playing, hence why we generally never continued to a showdown after I put out the correct bet.

To be honest I can't remember any of the hands we played directly, although my pattern of hitting cards early, but not going to show-down did lead me open to be played back at. Maybe I should have tightened up for a bit.

As for the 3 way all in I asked for the TD to oversee the pot purely in the interests of fairness and possibly due to the fact i had the nuts.

I didn't say no-one understood it, but it was clear several didn't.

I would be interested to know how long you have been playing and whether it has been online or bricks and mortar.

About 3 years online, with a few tournaments in Vegas, and one in Newcastle. So the vast majority online. I stand my my statement though that the standard of play at that tournament was clearly the weakest of any I have played in.

It interests me that DI's antics managed to put you on tilt quite easily and would have thought someone of your standard would not let that affect you. You will see people a hell of alot worse than that if you decide to expose yourself to more tournaments private or not.

As I had an hour and a half drive home and the tournament started an hour late, I was keen to play hands, rather than wait for DI to work out what he was going to do. I rarely get upset about bad beats, but he did annoy me.

I would also like to mention about your comment of no-one playing the small stack, im amazed you can call this after seeing very little small stack play, after I managed to gift away a large percentage of my chips on the very first final table hand, partly to move some of the pressure off me, partly to see how DI was going to be playing the hands he got, i went down to a low amount of chips and subsequently went on to win the tournament.

There was plenty of small stack play on the first table, none of it any good. With respect, I'd have more respect for your small stack ability if you didn't give your chips away to "move some of the pressure off me" which is absolutely barmy, but you were appropriately aggressive having done that.

I look forward to facing you at the next one.

I'm afraid the long drive home in the early hours may put me off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wombol said...

Hey PP,
Thanks for the post and I've added Positively Fith Street to my wish list so will order it in pretty soon.

Just wondered if you wanted to link exchange?

http://wombolpoker.blogspot.com

I've added you to my site and will check back and see whats up with you soon.

Many thanks
Wombol

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home