Monday, January 12, 2009

Dreaming of Vegas

Its that time again. Suddenly without me being aware of it happening, I'm dreaming of Vegas. Not going and playing the WSoP - so I'll probably not be playing any satellites or anything daft, but I am aware that its coming up for a year since I went over there last time, and I want to go again.

As things stand though, its just not going to happen. I can't pay for it out of my poker bankroll, especially after withdrawing £1200 or so when the banks were looking really dodgy, and that money has now been sat in my bank account no so long that its no longer reasonable to consider it part of my bankroll.

I've got a bankroll of about $1100 now - and I need to have about $5k to be able to afford it. About 3k as a bankroll and about 1k for the flight+hotel, leaving (just) 1k as my roll back home.

Realistically I don't need that much - I'm very unlikely to come back entirely potless (in fact if I came back with less than 1k I'd be exceedingly annoyed), so that amount could come down a little.

Nevertheless though with the credit crunch so severe, and the risks for employment to all who work so high it would just be a stupid waste of money, at precisely the wrong time.

Doesn't stop me dreaming though. And hoping that I might find my way over there in 2010.

So Caesars, or the Imperial Palace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home