Monday, January 12, 2009

Status Update

I've been doing a little better on the tables recently. I've been playing pretty well all in all (admittedly at stupidly low stakes). I'm still donking around at the $11/45s on Stars, which I'm actually quite liking. The play is generally really bad - and I'm sure I make mistakes early by folding too much. Evidence for this is one hand - one of the first played

9 handed.

Hero is in MP holding AQo
Blinds 10/20
2 folds, Hero(1500) raises to 60, CO calls, SB and BB call.
Flop Q52
Hero bets 140, CO raises to 320, 2 folds, Hero pushes ....

And CO calls with Q9o. I'm possibly walking into a set or a slow-played over
pair - but at these levels I'm not sure that its profitable to fold TPTK against
an unknown. Especially as most are re-raising AA and KK here, and calling behind with
a flopped set. Most, but not all.

Anyway, I ran really bad for a while (down 15 or so buy-ins), but I'm back in profit now having won a couple of tournaments in quick succession.

I downloaded the really quite good pokertracker add-on Tourney Luck (search in the 2+2 s/w forums) which confirmed I was running really badly, and generally getting it in ahead. My luck seems to have turned now - as my bankroll confirms.

I'm still a bit short-stacked, but I don't want to carry on playing at the $11s for much longer. I'd hope to be able to have a crack back at the $22 games fairly soon, but I'm not at all sure where. I'm not aware of a tournament at the right time, with the right number of runners in it.

Most obviously would be the $22/45s, but I'm not sure how often they run. Oddly there seem to be more 11/45s running on Full Tilt, so I could have a look over there. Otherwise I'll have to look at a regular tourny somewhere, rather than playing the SnG MTTs.

It is perhaps worth mentioning that my upswing has coincided with me playing just 1 table at a time. There is probably a lesson hidden in there somewhere. Not too well hidden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home